For me, Real Estate is more than selling houses; it is about listening to my clients and understanding their wants and needs. I have worked my entire employment history in the customer service sector, and have therefore gained the knowledge and experience to guarantee client satisfaction. From starting out as a professional photographer in Ottawa to moving back to Nova Scotia, working as a writer and in marketing at a local paper. These skills were a major asset for me when I started my Real Estate career 15 years ago.
In the volunteer sector, I have had much success at grant writing, statistical research and community development which also allows me to excel at providing buyers with all the knowledge, options and a level of comfort in order for them to make informed choices in the buying process. My love of the small quaint communities, that Nova Scotia is famous for, led to a passion for promoting and marketing whilst organizing numerous community events and projects over the years.
I was one of the first agents on the South Shore to do real video tours, to have a You Tube channel, a point2agent site and utilize a wide range of social media platforms to promote myself and my listings. Thus evolved my tag lines “Get Connected with Dawn” and “Find Me, Find your Property”.
I have 3 amazing children, Scout, Sophie and Ben at home, along with Andy, a wired fox terrier, (and a few too many cats). I still enjoy volunteering, especially with children with disabilities and sports. When I have time, I play volleyball, softball, badminton, though not very well. I also enjoy riding my motorbike as much as I can.
Don’t let my laidback personality and love of laughter, overshadow the fact that I am knowledgeable, have an attention for detail and the experience that comes with selling real estate for 15 years. My favourite part of selling real estate is the people I meet and life-long friends I make. Especially wonderful, is being able to help and be a part of this major event in my clients lives.
Latest Blog Posts
- Kombucha has long been known in health circles for its immune-boosting benefits. Kombucha’s gain in popularity in the last few years is becoming more and more evident on store shelves and in pubs especially here in Nova Scotia. Kombucha is a naturally fermented tea drink. Fermented foods have long been in our diets and cultures for centuries, such as miso of Japan, kimchi of Korea and sauerkraut of Germany. Kombucha is believed to have been […]
- As the pandemic COVID 19 hits closest to home for the Real estate industry it is not ‘business as usual’. We as REALTORS® understand that we need to support and assist our clients who have a critical and urgent housing needs. There are those who have sold their home and not yet purchased, or those who must sell or buy to meet their personal financial obligations or provide shelter for their family. While the pandemic […]
- Check out my March newsletter HERE
- What better time to declutter your house and start getting your home ready to sell than when you are under self-imposed quarantine! With these tips you can get it done in just 9 days which leaves 5 whole days for that puzzle and binge watch “Love is Blind” (or in my case “Santa Clarita Diet” or to give you inspiration/nightmares, watch “Hoarding: Buried Alive on TLC” Click here for the Valley Waste Resource Management’s Spring […]
- WATCH VIDEO HERE Considering buying a lakefront cottage in 2020? Has owning a lakefront cottage been a lifelong dream of yours? Are you wanting your children to experience the fond memories you have of summers at the lake? Wondering if this year is the time to make that dream a reality? Here is are a few things to consider before you buy. Financing a Recreational Property There are two ways to finance a cottage or […]
- You can get some really good deals on bank-owned properties, but whether or not you make a good return on your investment depends on how much you know before you buy. Will a Bank Lend You Money on a Foreclosure? Of course, it will depend on your financial status and the appraised value of the foreclosed property, but yes, lenders do not shy away from these types of properties, just because they have already […]
- There are many opinions about using dark paint colours. In your home. Many sides for pros and cons, but if done properly with these tips in mind, then you can turn the cons into pros when considering going dark the next time you paint. Opinions Expressed Here (NOTE: These are the expressed opinions of a licensed REALTOR® and said REALTOR® is of the opinion as to what will get a home owner the best […]