For me, Real Estate is more than selling houses; it is about listening to my clients and understanding their wants and needs. I have worked my entire employment history in the customer service sector, and have therefore gained the knowledge and experience to guarantee client satisfaction. From starting out as a professional photographer in Ottawa to moving back to Nova Scotia, working as a writer and in marketing at a local paper. These skills were a major asset for me when I started my Real Estate career 15 years ago.
In the volunteer sector, I have had much success at grant writing, statistical research and community development which also allows me to excel at providing buyers with all the knowledge, options and a level of comfort in order for them to make informed choices in the buying process. My love of the small quaint communities, that Nova Scotia is famous for, led to a passion for promoting and marketing whilst organizing numerous community events and projects over the years.
I was one of the first agents on the South Shore to do real video tours, to have a You Tube channel, a point2agent site and utilize a wide range of social media platforms to promote myself and my listings. Thus evolved my tag lines “Get Connected with Dawn” and “Find Me, Find your Property”.
I have 3 amazing children, Scout, Sophie and Ben at home, along with Andy, a wired fox terrier, (and a few too many cats). I still enjoy volunteering, especially with children with disabilities and sports. When I have time, I play volleyball, softball, badminton, though not very well. I also enjoy riding my motorbike as much as I can.
Don’t let my laidback personality and love of laughter, overshadow the fact that I am knowledgeable, have an attention for detail and the experience that comes with selling real estate for 15 years. My favourite part of selling real estate is the people I meet and life-long friends I make. Especially wonderful, is being able to help and be a part of this major event in my clients lives.
Latest Blog Posts
- I don’t know if anyone had a chance to see my vlog, I did on the market outlook and how the experts are expecting COVID 19 to affect the real estate market. Summary of that vlog, you can see the full report by hitting the link below, is that studies show that as with previous outbreaks and pandemics, that the economic recovery has been V-shaped. Meaning that, since the drop in sales was […]
- The REAL Deal with DAWN- LIVE! Need to know how to sell your home during COVID – 19? Join me, Dawn Magee, REALTOR® on a LIVE Zoom information session on April 28, 2020 at 7 pm AST. I will let you know about the current procedures the real estate industry in Nova Scotia is taking to assure safety of Buyers and Sellers alike. I will also offer tips for getting your home ready to list […]
- CLICK for VIDEO Increasing your home’s curb appeal is more important than ever in today’s real estate market. 90 % of buyers starting their home searches online so that the headlining photo has to be a scroll stopper! 1ST IMPRESSION IS THE ONLY IMPRESSION Real Estate tycoon Barbara Cocoran states “Buyers decide in the first eight seconds of seeing a home if they’re interested in buying it. Get out of your car, walk in their […]
- Kombucha has long been known in health circles for its immune-boosting benefits. Kombucha’s gain in popularity in the last few years is becoming more and more evident on store shelves and in pubs especially here in Nova Scotia. Kombucha is a naturally fermented tea drink. Fermented foods have long been in our diets and cultures for centuries, such as miso of Japan, kimchi of Korea and sauerkraut of Germany. Kombucha is believed to have been […]
- As the pandemic COVID 19 hits closest to home for the Real estate industry it is not ‘business as usual’. We as REALTORS® understand that we need to support and assist our clients who have a critical and urgent housing needs. There are those who have sold their home and not yet purchased, or those who must sell or buy to meet their personal financial obligations or provide shelter for their family. While the pandemic […]