For me, Real Estate is more than selling houses; it is about listening to my clients and understanding their wants and needs. I have worked my entire employment history in the customer service sector, and have therefore gained the knowledge and experience to guarantee client satisfaction. From starting out as a professional photographer in Ottawa to moving back to Nova Scotia, working as a writer and in marketing at a local paper. These skills were a major asset for me when I started my Real Estate career 15 years ago.
In the volunteer sector, I have had much success at grant writing, statistical research and community development which also allows me to excel at providing buyers with all the knowledge, options and a level of comfort in order for them to make informed choices in the buying process. My love of the small quaint communities, that Nova Scotia is famous for, led to a passion for promoting and marketing whilst organizing numerous community events and projects over the years.
I was one of the first agents on the South Shore to do real video tours, to have a You Tube channel, a point2agent site and utilize a wide range of social media platforms to promote myself and my listings. Thus evolved my tag lines “Get Connected with Dawn” and “Find Me, Find your Property”.
I have 3 amazing children, Scout, Sophie and Ben at home, along with Andy, a wired fox terrier, (and a few too many cats). I still enjoy volunteering, especially with children with disabilities and sports. When I have time, I play volleyball, softball, badminton, though not very well. I also enjoy riding my motorbike as much as I can.
Don’t let my laidback personality and love of laughter, overshadow the fact that I am knowledgeable, have an attention for detail and the experience that comes with selling real estate for 15 years. My favourite part of selling real estate is the people I meet and life-long friends I make. Especially wonderful, is being able to help and be a part of this major event in my clients lives.
Latest Blog Posts
- How High-Speed Internet is Impacting the Nova Scotia Housing Market The Nova Scotia housing market has been on fire the last few years and high-speed internet has been a feature that the majority of buyers require who are considering a move here. The past two years of the Covid-19 pandemic have taught Canada and the world, just how flexible one’s work-space can really be. This newfound ability to work and learn remotely […]
- Nova Scotia is a small Canadian province located in the Maritimes region of the country. The province is composed of the Nova Scotia peninsula, Cape Breton Island, and over 3,000 smaller islands. Its capital city, Halifax, is known as a major centre for culture and the arts, as well as for its high standard of living. Nova Scotians are closely connected to the sea, and the province is renowned for its coastal beauty and delicious […]
- Retiring is a major life change in itself. Retiring and moving to another community or province can make the life change all that more over whelming. With so many memories, so many friends associated with your past community, how do you make sure your next home will measure up? When looking for your next home that will fit your retirement lifestyle you envision, it’s important to research the area and even the province before […]
- 4272 Hwy 2 listing brochure
- 1.Not Listing Now!!! We are in the throws of a Seller’s market. Home prices in Nova Scotia have increased by 20% on average. Depending on the property many are having competing offers and selling for well over asking. Inventory right now is at a historic low. but as we round the corner to the typical spring selling season, there will be more and more homes coming on the market and therefore increasing the inventory and […]
- by Kayla Hounsell Like so many people these days, Ian Yule is working from home, but his home has changed. For 14 years he’s been a product engineer for a company that makes software for computerized mapping in California. Now he’s doing the same job in Nova Scotia. “It’s different, but there’s definitely a quality of life here that probably a lot of people don’t realize is as high as it is,” he said from […]